• Registered nurse with current CNO registration
• Current First Aid and CPR Certificates required
• Experience in Long-Term Care preferred
• Police background clearance for vulnerable persons sector
• Previous experience with RAI/MDS and computerized documentation systems
• Ability to speak, read and write English and to follow oral and written directions
• Multilingual fluency is an asset
• Cooperative team player in a busy multi task environment
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• Understanding and empathy for the needs of seniors
• Strong leadership & analytical skills
Areas of Responsibility:
• Oversee the delivery of resident care including infection control on the resident home areas.
• Delivery of medications/treatments as required.
• Contribute to the quality management program for the nursing department ensuring required outcomes are achieved.
• Ensure standards of resident care and services are consistently achieved.
• Ensure all MLTC requirements are met.
• Perform thorough assessments on residents and develop or update documentation, reports and other records.
• Provide direction to all resident care staff on resident home areas.
• Liaise with physicians and other members of the resident care team.
• Contribute to a home environment for residents that ensures the values of primacare Living Solutions are maintained and upheld.
We would like to thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Primacare Living Solutions Inc.™ is a privately held Canadian Long Term Care Operator based in Toronto, Ontario. Primacare Living Solutions is a fully accredited member of both CARF and the OLTCA. At Primacare Living Solutions we are committed to putting people first, by providing our residents with the highest standards in quality care, and our staff with a supportive, flexible and progressive work environment.
Primacare Living Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Primacare Living Solutions’ Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Primacare Living Solutions’ hiring process.
As a condition of employment, all applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. A Criminal Record Search, with a vulnerable sector screen and satisfactory result will be required.